HoP Leadership Certification Program 2017-2018 Application
** NEW!! Are you an enthusiastic sophomore or junior that wants to get a jumpstart on the 2017-2018 leadership year? Apply NOW to join the 2016-2017 group as a volunteer. You’ll attend our national leadership retreat in Lake Martin, AL, March 3-5 plus RCD in your own city. There are no costs involved and no other commitments. We want you to experience RCD to start your 2017-2018 school year to help you plan the best 2018 event possible! **
The HoP Leader Certification Program is an intense year-long program for exceptionally motivated, passionate high school juniors and seniors. Implementing lessons learned in business, communication, and servant leadership, the LCP cohort plans and fundraises for a summer Red Carpet Retreat for teens with cancer.
Successful leaders are consistent, compassionate, and accountable. They commit to spending at least 10 hours a month on HoP throughout the school year, and they must meet periodic milestones in order to achieve HoP Leader Certification. Only HoP Certified Leaders can host RCD. More information about the program and certification requirements can be found in our HoP Leadership Certification Program Brochure. For more information and past news coverage on RCD, please visit our YouTube channel.
- The drive and determination to establish and surpass articulable goals of all sizes.
- The adaptability to overcome adversity in achieving these goals through unexpected hurdles.
- Mature business communications and intrapersonal skills in all appropriate settings (one-on-one conversation, group presentations, email, marketing materials, etc.).
- The introspection required to show interest in personal development, project ownership, and passion for helping others.
This is a highly competitive program, and not everyone that applies will be selected. Selections will be made based on your:
- Responses in the below application.
- Character references and personal recommendations.
- In-person individual and group interviews.
- Commitment to fully engaged attendance at all training sessions and the spring leadership retreat.
- Overall demonstration of reliability, maturity, enthusiasm, creativity, and compassion.
Applications for the 2017-2018 Jumpstart Leaders will be accepted until March 1 at midnight. Upon receipt of your application, HoP mentors will contact you for a quick interview to learn more about you and to answer your questions about HoP. If selected, there will be a $40 program fee to off-set some of the cost for your Heart of Passion polo and the leadership retreat. This fee can be waived based on need. Final selections will be made no later than Friday, March 3.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns not addressed on this page, in our brochure, or on our various social media accounts. If you are ready to apply, please begin the application below! Thank you for your interest!